Folk music performance
teaching by empowering creativity
When I was 5 years old,
I saw some kids playing fiddle on Sesame Street
and thought it looked like fun!
So began my musical formation:
- Classical instruction, Suzuki Method age 5-18, along with group fiddle lessons. Many thanks to teacher Sheila Raim!
- Growing up surrounded by Mennonite four-part hymn singing
- Mennofolk with Hoad’s Tornado and Rick Reha
- English and Irish pub sessions in London, England
- Pete Cooper course Transatlantic Migrations (how songs changed between the UK, Ireland and the US)
- Teaching private lessons to various students through the years